Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2004/09/13 19:11:25 UTC

Impress your boss: Cocoon success stories

This is the title of my upcoming presentation at the next Cocoon
GetTogether in Gent (http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2004/). This isn't
going to be the usual presentation, and I need your help to make it
happen.

The idea is to have on stage a group of 6 to 10 speakers presenting
their successful Cocoon projects. No more than 5-6 slides each,
following a common template (I'll set up a Wiki page soonish), no more
than 5-8 minutes each, pure "lighting talk" style.

Now, since I anticipate some of your concerns, here is some specific
information:

1. while we would of course just love to hear company names, you don't
have to provide them if you have privacy issues. Stating something
along the lines of "company working in the XXX field, with n employees
and y turnover" would be more than enough. But if you are able to
convince your boss/customer to come out from the shadows, please do!

2. you don't have to come to Gent if you can't (but of course you're
most welcome). I'm willing to be your proxy if you're far away or just
have no time: all you'll have to do is work through a very short
interview I'll send you, maybe answer a 10 minutes phone call if that's
needed, and I'll take care of the rest. I'm willing to take care of the
rest *even* if you do come on stage, so lack of time is not a valid
excuse. And of course, keep in mind that being on stage is much nicer.
:-)

So, if you were successful with Cocoon, it's time for you to give
something back to our community. It's stage time, come and speak up!

(and, of course, you're welcome to contact me privately about all this)
--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: Impress your boss: Cocoon success stories

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Antonio Fiol Bonnín wrote:

>I'd be grateful if you could send me that presentation for my boss.
>We're on the "why do you say you want this thing called cocoon in the
>project?" stage at the moment.

All the GetTogether presentations should be available in the Cocoon
distribution mirrors after the conference (see
http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi  and follow the "material from
events" link for last year's presentations)

Sylvain

Re: Impress your boss: Cocoon success stories

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <an...@gmail.com>.
I'd be grateful if you could send me that presentation for my boss.
We're on the "why do you say you want this thing called cocoon in the
project?" stage at the moment.

Thank you very much.

Antonio Fiol