Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 19:40:57 UTC

[PLEASE read before you commit]: Restructuring trunk in SVN !!!

I am restructuring the trunk in svn to reflect our flexible server.
Instead of a move, it will be a two-step copy/delete process. I shall
first begin by copying some directories to other directories. Server
binaries will be built from the newly created directories. After they
have gone thro' 2 days of automated builds, testsuites and TCK
smoketests, I shall remove the old directories.

So until further notice, please commit all your changes to both
directories, old and new.

Most modules and config directories have gone into their feature
specific directory under plugins. For eg, changes to
configs/myfaces-deployer should be made to that dir and also to
plugins/myfaces/myfaces-deployer.

A few modules and configs have been copied into framework directory
(to build framework assembly).

For a more detailed discussion about the restructuring, please see
this thread -
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=13469170&framed=y&skin=134

Cheers
Prasad

Re: [PLEASE read before you commit]: Restructuring trunk in SVN !!!

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Yay :-)

--jason

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
As per this thread,
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=12460948&framed=y&skin=134
the strategy is to break the tree into smaller trees.

Quoting from that note -
"So, based on that I think that:
     framework|core/trunk
     components/<component>/trunk
     plugins/<plugin>/trunk
     apps/<app>/trunk
     server/<server>/trunk (where server is javaee/minimal/crackpipe/
etc)
     uberserver/trunk (uses svn:externals to make a workspace with
all the bits to compile for those who like to watch paint dry as the
beast builds)"

This is why I left the applications directory there. Maybe we'll merge
it with plugins, maybe we won't.

OK. I'll create a wiki page to refelect this work.

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Thanks for all the hard work.