Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Maciej Świderski <sw...@wp.pl> on 2004/10/06 10:44:42 UTC

JPG to SVG

Hello,

is there any possibility using batik to generate svg file from an image for example jpg?

Thanks for any answers.

Maciek Swiderski

Re: JPG to SVG

Posted by Web Query <we...@shermantech.com>.
 > is there any possibility using batik to generate svg file from an
image for example jpg?

Not that I know of ... that would be great feature.  However, there are
some packages out there that do a decent job at this.

potrace does an amazing job in converting b&w content
http://potrace.sourceforge.net/

autotrace does a good job with color content
http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

There is also a commercial package that I know about, but have never
used called Vector Eye
http://www.siame.com/

If you would like to use potrace and autotrace side-by-side there is
Java client interface called delineate
http://delineate.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps...
-- Chris Sherman