Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Noah <ad...@enabled.com> on 2008/01/09 02:12:47 UTC

spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Hi there,

I installed have sendmail installed on a FreeBSD machine along with:

# pkg_info| grep spam
p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3 A highly efficient mail filter for
identifying spam
razor-agents-2.84   A distributed, collaborative, spam detection and
filtering
spamass-milter-0.3.1_3 Sendmail Milter (mail filter) plugin for SpamAssassin

We want to run spamassassin on mail lists and virtualusers trash all
email that is identified as Spam for those email addresses.

Can somebody suggest a really good way to do that?

Cheers,

Noah

Re: spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Posted by Noah <ad...@enabled.com>.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 08.01.08 17:12, Noah wrote:
>> I installed have sendmail installed on a FreeBSD machine along with:
>>
>> # pkg_info| grep spam
>> p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3 A highly efficient mail filter for
>> identifying spam
>> spamass-milter-0.3.1_3 Sendmail Milter (mail filter) plugin for SpamAssassin
>
>> We want to run spamassassin on mail lists and virtualusers trash all
>> email that is identified as Spam for those email addresses.
>>
>> Can somebody suggest a really good way to do that?
>
> use "-r" option to spamass-milter, I rejects everything with score 10 and
> above

thats not exactly what I have in mind.

Re: spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 08.01.08 17:12, Noah wrote:
> I installed have sendmail installed on a FreeBSD machine along with:
>
> # pkg_info| grep spam
> p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3 A highly efficient mail filter for
> identifying spam
> spamass-milter-0.3.1_3 Sendmail Milter (mail filter) plugin for SpamAssassin

> We want to run spamassassin on mail lists and virtualusers trash all
> email that is identified as Spam for those email addresses.
>
> Can somebody suggest a really good way to do that?

use "-r" option to spamass-milter, I rejects everything with score 10 and
above
Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)

Re: spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Posted by Shane Williams <sh...@shanew.net>.
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Noah wrote:

> Thanks John,
>
> the problem is that our moderators are getting way too much mail and just
> want to trash the high-scoring meesages.

We filter on mailman mailing lists in a roundabout way.

We changed the mailman "post" alias to invoke a procmail script, like:
list-blah:         "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/list-blah.rc"

Then, the procmail recipe 1. runs spamc, 2. /dev/nulls anything over
10, and 3. calls mailman "post" the way the alias used to.  I've
included an example below.

Then, in the mailman config for that list, under privacy option ->
Spam Filters, we added a line to the "Legacy anti-spam filter" section
that says "X-Spam-Flag: YES" causing anything between our default
score and 10 to get held for moderation.  You could of course, change
these levels and take different actions if you have a more recent
version of mailman.

Maybe that helps...

#procmail recipe for getting rid of high-scoring mail-list spam

:0fw
*
|spamc -f

:0e
{
    EXITCODE=$?
}

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Level:.*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
/dev/null

:0
*

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT iSchool
All syllogisms contain three lines |              shanew@shanew.net
Therefore this is not a syllogism  | www.ischool.utexas.edu/~shanew

Re: spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Posted by Noah <ad...@enabled.com>.
thanks John,

I'd prefer to use the spamassass scoring for figuring out what to trash.

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.

Posted by Noah <ad...@enabled.com>.
Thanks John,

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.