Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by jian yi <ey...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 04:21:00 UTC

What's Zebra?

What's the architecture of Zebra? Do it depend on Pig and HDFS? Please help.
I hope it's following:

 DFS is better for unstructed data, but DTS (not bigtable) is better for
structed data, data warehouse is structed, so I think a table is better than
a file. DTS is following:

 1. Break a logic big table into a many physical small table
 2. The same size blocks is not necessary
 3. The order of blocks is not  necessary
 4. Only store structed data
 5. Support block indexes
 6. Support deleting and updating
 7. The interfaces are SQL, but only a block
 8. Spliting a table horizontally and vertically is supported at the
same time
 9. 。。。

Re: What's Zebra?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.