Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com> on 2010/09/01 12:21:00 UTC

Last call for 2.0.0

I don't see any reason to not cut a 2.0.0 release now.  Much of what's in
the pipeline is additive.

I'll start the build process today if no one objects.

--
Paul Lindner -- lindner@inuus.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Janusz Dziemidowicz <ja...@nasza-klasa.pl>.
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Gagandeep singh <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Janusz
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Janusz Dziemidowicz <
> janusz.dziemidowicz@nasza-klasa.pl> wrote:
>> - DefaultJsUriManager strictly validates if the request path is the
>> same as in configuration file. Since we are doing some rewriting along
>> the way I've had to replace the whole class. Should I file a bug in
>> Jira for that? (I don't believe this is a bug as such, but it would be
>> nice to be able to switch off this validation in shindig.properties,
>> other UriManagers already have such options).
>>
> What is the path you want for your js? Maybe you can override JS_PATH_PARAM
> = "gadgets.uri.js.path" for your container ?

That wouldn't solve my problem, since basically I need to have
different URLs for makeExternJsUri() and processExternJsUri().
Externally, JS code is visible under something like
http://opensocial.nk-net.pl/v09/gadgets/js/core (so it is what needs
to be set in gadgets.uri.js.path) but before it hits servers running
Shindig, it is processed by load balancer and rewritten to something
like http://SERVER_IP/APP_VERSION/gadgets/js/core Personally I do not
see much benefit of validating the URL in processExternJsUri(), so
I've had it disabled, which solves this problem for me.

--
Janusz Dziemidowicz
http://nk.pl

Nasza Klasa Sp. z o.o., ul. Gen. J. Bema 2
50-265 Wrocław
Sąd Rejonowy dla Wrocławia-Fabrycznej we Wrocławiu, VI Wydział
Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego,
nr KRS:0000289629, NIP:898-21-22-104, REGON:020586020
Kapitał zakładowy: 67850 PLN

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Gagandeep singh <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Janusz

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Janusz Dziemidowicz <
janusz.dziemidowicz@nasza-klasa.pl> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com> wrote:
> > I'll be working on releasing 2.0.0 over the long weekend.  There are a
> few
> > small issues that I'll deal with, but I don't see any major blockers.
>
> Hi,
> I'm responsible for OpenSocial in http://nk.pl Last week, I've
> migrated NK from shindig 1.1-BETA5 to 2.0.0-RC2. So there is already a
> production site running it:)
> Overall I'm quite happy (I was able to drop some hacks I've had to do
> on 1.1). I've encountered mainly two problems:
> - DefaultJsUriManager strictly validates if the request path is the
> same as in configuration file. Since we are doing some rewriting along
> the way I've had to replace the whole class. Should I file a bug in
> Jira for that? (I don't believe this is a bug as such, but it would be
> nice to be able to switch off this validation in shindig.properties,
> other UriManagers already have such options).

What is the path you want for your js? Maybe you can override JS_PATH_PARAM
= "gadgets.uri.js.path" for your container ?

- Proxy is broken with content rewriting (proxy returns original

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Janusz Dziemidowicz <ja...@nasza-klasa.pl>.

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.
I'll respin 2.0.0 with this and a few other bug fixes.

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Javier H Pedemonte <pe...@us.ibm.com>.

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Mat Mannion <M....@warwick.ac.uk>.
We're planning a big-bang release of our portal (albeit, internally)
at the start of October. We're currently working off rc1 and all seems
to be in order for us - to work off a stable release would be good,
though :)

Mat

--
Mat Mannion
Web Developer

Tel: 024 765 74433
Email: M.Mannion@warwick.ac.uk

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Gagandeep singh <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hopefully the container percolation bugs are all fixed now. So one less pain
point to worry about.

Thanks
Gagan

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Michael Young <mi...@liferay.com>.
If 2.0 gets out in time, we plan to include that in our product.

- Mike
--
Liferay West Coast Symposium
September 8-9, 2010

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Pablo Graña <pa...@globant.com>.

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Bastian Hofmann <ba...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

we got one issue report regarding the generated PHP packages, which
currently don't work correctly out of the box. I could verify this
today and will have some time tomorrow to analyze and hopefully solve
this issues. So if it's okay I think we should wait a day or two, so
that we can publish a working PHP package for 2.0.

Other than that: We just released the current Shindig trunk (PHP
version) to our users at VZ.net on Monday. Considering that we
upgraded from the 1.0 release, which is I think over a year old, it
went really smooth: only four very small bugs, a few incompatiblities
in an handfull of apps and no performance problems.

In the last weeks we invested much work into optimizing our shindig
development and release process, so that we are now able to release
new snapshots of the shindig trunk (if it's stable of course) much
more frequently (even daily).

Cheers

Bastian

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

Re: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by Ziv Horesh <zh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Last call for 2.0.0

Posted by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org>.
I found a bug with OAuth 1.0a client support last week that I just submitted a patch for -- might be worth including it in the 2.0.0 release.  The fix was a simple renaming of a container configuration property and a few updates to the PHP code that referenced it.  I submitted a JIRA issue for it here: