Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/23 18:03:02 UTC

get_key_range timeouts

I am trying to use get_key_range for an offline type job over about
18k keys and it keeps timing out.  My current setup is 3x4G memory
machines with OPP and a replication factor of 2, and an rpctimeout of
180s.    To combat this I've actually made the KeyCachedFraction 100
to see if this could help, and no matter how few of the key ranges I
want, I am unable to get any response from the system.

get_slice's work fine, among all the other commands, I just can't seem
to get get_key_range working.  My current workload has few keys and
lots of columns.

Any advice to debug this would be appreciated.

--
Dan Di Spaltro

Re: get_key_range timeouts

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Dan Di Spaltro
<da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't, is this common though?

Short answer?  Yes. :)

Re: get_key_range timeouts

Posted by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@gmail.com>.
I haven't, is this common though?  Seems like this is a pretty bad to
have key_ranges time out like this...  but you don't think this would
happen in get_range_slice?

Best,

--
Dan Di Spaltro