Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@paradise.net.nz on 2003/03/10 03:33:12 UTC

debugging tomcat/jvm crash

i have been experiencing a serious crash running my webapp on tomcat4.1.18 +
j2sdk1.4.1_02 + win2k. the tomcat/java process completely disappears without a
trace. nothing is left in any of the logs suggesting what caused the crash and
we are unable to reproduce it in our testing environment.

can anybody give me some advice on how i can get more information on what is
causing the crash. on a un*x os i would expect a core file to be left behind
after a crash. does anyone know how it is possible to get that kind of crash
data out of java on win2k?

thanks,

Re: debugging tomcat/jvm crash

Posted by Cameron Hart <ca...@paradise.net.nz>.
I ran Tomcat from the console, when the JVM crashed I got the following message:

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
Dumping information about last error:
ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x2BE5C46D
SIGNAL            = -1073741819
FUNCTION NAME     = (N/A)
OFFSET            = 0xFFFFFFFF
LIBRARY NAME      = (N/A)
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.

Anyone know why this might occur or how to get the JVM to write to the error
report file?

Thanks.

Quoting cam.hart@paradise.net.nz: