Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net> on 2017/01/18 09:23:54 UTC

migration from 6.x to 8.x report

Hi all,

I've just finished migration of a mid-sized project with ~400 Wicket
components in 100kloc.

In roughly two days I had to work on

- 400 compile errors

- StringResourceModel constructor without parameters array

- AjaxButton#onSubmit #onError without Form

- AbstractExportableColumn generic type change

- IChoiceRenderer interface change

- generics changes (mainly 7.x)

- removed JavaScript "on" prefix (@Martin nice error message)

We'll do a complete retest in the next weeks, but as far as I can see
the application is already running fine.

Have fun
Sven

Re: migration from 6.x to 8.x report

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.