Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/11 16:20:20 UTC

maven-bundle-plugin has issues with maven3...

...or my configuration is wrong.

I want to deploy a bundle to a remote obr. I have configured the
bundle-plugin to use the default snapshot repository (which is a
filebased repository). Everything worked fine with maven 2. Now that I
switched to maven 3 I get the following error:

[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:2.3.5:deploy (default-deploy) @ merge-service ---
[INFO] LOCK file:///var/www/repository/repository.xml
[INFO] Downloading repository.xml
[INFO] Computed bundle uri:
http://localhost/repository/com/etc/pp/merge-service/1.0-SNAPSHOT/merge-service-1.0-20110711.141141-8.jar
[ERROR] file doesn't exist:
file:/home/markus/.m2/repository/com/etc/pp/merge-service/1.0-SNAPSHOT/merge-service-1.0-20110711.141141-8.jar
[INFO] Writing OBR metadata
[INFO] Uploading repository.xml
[INFO] UNLOCK file:///var/www/repository/repository.xml

The bundle plugin tries to retrieve the jar file from my local
repository. However the maven deploy plugin has also picked up the
snapshot repository and deployed the bundle in the snapshot repository
and not in my local repository.
That's different to maven2. When building with maven2 the bundle is
deployed in my local and in my snapshot repository by the deploy
plugin.
No idea what has changed (maybe I miss some configuration here?), but
for me it looks like the bundle plugin should pick up the bundle from
the default deploy repository instead of the local repository?

Regards,
 Markus

Re: maven-bundle-plugin has issues with maven3...

Posted by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com>.

Done https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3031

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 11 Jul 2011, at 16:43, Markus Joschko wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There are options to alter the computed/public URL: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/maven-bundle-plugin-2.3.5/doc/site/deploy-mojo.html but nothing that would avoid the local repository check, since all the use-cases so far have involved installing/deploying artifacts that already exist in the local repository.
>
> I just wonder how they should get there? When the deploy plugin is not
> putting it there, then only the install plugin will put a artifact
> there. But that does not use the unique version numbers.

yes, that seems to be the difference between Maven 2 and 3 - with Maven 2 it caches the unique version in the local repository, with Maven 3 it doesn't

> I can adopt my configuration to whatever is necessary. My use case is
> to get the project compiled and deployed to the obr.
>
>> Without an example project that recreates the issue it's hard to know a) exactly which part of the code to fix/improve and b) whether that change truly resolves the original issue - especially since I don't know what your POM looks like, what plugin executions it defines, and in what order etc.
>
> Yep I agree. Wasn't too hard so I created the example project that
> reproduces the behaviour (at least for me)

thanks, I get the same results locally (because of the missing unique artifact version)

Re: maven-bundle-plugin has issues with maven3...

Posted by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.