Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/27 11:18:54 UTC

On Parent Version IGNORE

I have defined the following mixin and nodetype and registered in Jackrabbit.

<ty='http://www.abcd.com/model/content/1.0'>

[ty:Shareable] mixin
 + * (px:Share) protected IGNORE

[ty:Share] > mix:referenceable
 - expiryDate (Date) mandatory ignore
 - password (String) ignore

I created a node and added the "ty:Shareable", "mix:simpleVersionable"
mixins to it and checked-in.  Now, when I make a call *node.addNode("share",
"ty:Share");*, I am getting an exception that "Unable to perform operation.
Node is checked-in".  Based on my understanding from JCR specs (section
15.2.2 Read-Only on Check-In) "No child node of N can be added or removed
unless it has an on-parent-version setting of IGNORE" which is the case with
the above mentioned node type(ty:Share) properties.  So I am not sure why I
am getting the exception.  Please advice.

If I check-out the node, add the child node "share", check-in the node then
there is no issue.  But we do not want to create versions, when this child
node is added.

Re: On Parent Version IGNORE

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
I noticed that there is an issue already opened for this and it still shows
"Unresolved".  Are there any plans to fix this issue?  Please advice.

We are using Jackrabbit V2.7.5