Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "M. D." <mo...@abv.bg> on 2014/10/10 10:48:35 UTC

Where do System.out and System.err go in Tomcat?

 Hello devs,

I saw this post on the Internet:
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=302980

> Where do System.out and System.err go in Tomcat?
> By default, they will go to the console where the tomcat is started. You have to modify the startup
> scripts to redirect them to appropriate files. See Tomcat Mailing List for a discussion on how to
> redirect the System.out and System.err.

> On the other hand, if you are running Tomcat as an NT Service, you can modify the conf/wrapper.properties > file and set wrapper.stdout and wrapper.stderr properties to point to your log files.

So... what do I have to do in order so that Tomcat5 can redirect System.err to logfile instead of just the console.

Best regards,
Marin

Re: Where do System.out and System.err go in Tomcat?

Posted by Ameer Mawia <am...@gmail.com>.
Btw if you want the console logs from your application to go in your
application log file, then in that case you have to add a console appender
to your log4j configuation file(assuming you are infact using log4j).

Posted by Ameer Mawia <am...@gmail.com>.
sorry for typos.

Posted by Ameer Mawia <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,