Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2006/06/10 19:59:45 UTC

Re: Problem in Windows-specific documentation for Apache 2.2.x

Re: Problem in Windows-specific documentation for Apache 2.2.x

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Rich Bowen wrote:

> Will, I made the changes yesterday. It should all be good now. Just that
> the docs on the live site haven't been updated. I need to paw through
> the archives and remind myself how to do that, as I've been out of the
> loop for a while.

BTDT.

nd
--
print "Just Another Perl Hacker";

# André Malo, <http://pub.perlig.de/> #

Re: Problem in Windows-specific documentation for Apache 2.2.x

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Problem in Windows-specific documentation for Apache 2.2.x

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
> Alex Smith wrote:
>
>>In the Windows section of the 2.2.x documentation, the commands that it
>>gives are wrong. For example, it says to install Apache as a Windows
>>service you should run this from the bin directory:
>>
>>apache -k install
>>
>>The apache executable does not exist. The correct executable to run
>>would be this:
>>
>>httpd -k install

Yes; thank you for these observations, and entirely my bad for not resyncing.
We appreciate your report.

Of course httpd.exe was to match all-other-platforms; also the change to
c:\program files\apache software foundation\ is almost seven years overdue,
and couldn't really happen during a subversion .x bump.  2.2 was our earliest
opportunity, I'll try to remember to make these changes to trunk/ of docs
now that our stable branches have their own stable homes.

Re: Problem in Windows-specific documentation for Apache 2.2.x

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.