Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by anirbb <an...@wipro.com> on 2009/06/04 14:53:36 UTC

performance issue with xalan-c

Hi,
We are trying to do a diff between 2 large leaf nodes each having 65000
entries under one node using xalan-c. It's taking a very long time to
execute ---- by extrapolation it will take close to 84 days to complete. We
are running on Windows system with 1GB ram and 2.8GHz processor.

But the same works faster in the xalan-j.

Is this a known issue with xalan-c?

Anirban

Re: performance issue with xalan-c

Posted by anirbb <an...@wipro.com>.
Hi Dave,
  Below is a code snippet for the issue:

<xsl:call-template name="d:diff">
<xsl:with-param name="nodes1" select="$first1/node()"/>
<xsl:with-param name="nodes2" select="$first2/node()"/>
</xsl:call-template>

In the above statements after loading 65K nodes the XSLT processor will be
become very slow.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
anirbb wrote:
> Hi,
> We are trying to do a diff between 2 large leaf nodes each having 65000
> entries under one node using xalan-c. It's taking a very long time to
> execute ---- by extrapolation it will take close to 84 days to complete. We
> are running on Windows system with 1GB ram and 2.8GHz processor.
>
> But the same works faster in the xalan-j.
>
> Is this a known issue with xalan-c?
Xalan-C has a very different model of tree iteration than Xalan-J, and
in many instances, it will be much slower.

Without seeing more of your stylesheet, it's really hard to say what
might be the cause.  In particular, "trying to do a diff" is not enough
information to understand what your stylesheet is doing.

Dave