Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim O'Neil <bw...@noteboard.org> on 2001/07/01 23:38:19 UTC

Re: Prefix subject headers in Tomcat list?

At 03:12 PM 7/1/2001, you wrote:
>Is it possible for the list admin to apply a '[tomcat-user] ' or similar
>prefix to all mails sent from the mailing list?
>
>This helps a lot in separating list traffic from other traffic.

My client allows filtering via one or all of the incoming mail
headers, I filter the tomcat mail list with the "Any Recipient"
header. I don't know that this header is an rfc 821 compliant one
(In fact I can't find it in the rfc) but it works for me. Surely
you can filter out tomcat mail list messages through one of the
other ones though.

Re: Prefix subject headers in Tomcat list?

Posted by "Joseph A. Noble" <no...@flashman.com>.
The Subject gets too long and then you have to widen the subject column to see
what the message is really about.  This may not be an option on some laptops or
other low res devices.

--
        joseph.a.noble@lmco.com / noble@flashman.com
           http://www.flashman.com/ (303) 971-8780

Re: Prefix subject headers in Tomcat list?

Posted by Tim O'Neil <bw...@noteboard.org>.
At 04:03 PM 7/1/2001, you wrote:
>It also helps to be able to see the mails from the tomcat list if they are
>mixed in with the rest - i use several mail clients to read mail on my
>IMAP server, and not all of them do automatic filtering.
>
>Is there any good reason not to prefix tomcat-user mail with [tomcat-user]?

Some one has to configure it. Good reason #1.

Re: Prefix subject headers in Tomcat list?

Posted by pete <pe...@claudia.dyn.dhs.org>.