Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by David Wheeler <wh...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/11 20:50:56 UTC

Improved site look and feel

Hello everyone,

The recent changes to the main site included a number of modifications to
the site's content, but the look and feel of the site seems to have slipped
.
I feel In order to attract people into the site and get them to actually
read that content, it needs to be presented in an appealing manner. So I've
started working on addressing this problem.

I've attached a mockup (no HTML yet) of a possible revision to the site. I
tried to take the logo and continue down that line with rounded corners and
a light green theme.
http://wiki.apache.org/ws-data/attachments/Tuscany(2f)ClickableImages/attachments/SiteMock%288-11-06%29.png?1155321723.49

Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas.

-David W

Re: Improved site look and feel

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Aug 11, 2006, at 6:04 PM, haleh mahbod wrote:

> David,
> Your prototype is more user friendly.  Would it be possible to see
> a mock up
> with these changes for comparison? Your talent in graphics is much
> appreciated :)
>
> - Choose a lighter green than the one we have in the header for
> community,
> general, etc. boxes. Perhaps the same as the background in the logo.
> - Don't grey the boxes for community, general, etc. This would get
> rid of
> the empty grey box below header in the larger frame where the diagram
> resides
> - Leave the grey shadow line around the boxes. It is nice.
> - Tone down the architecture diagram colors. Use shades/variation
> of the
> same color. Perhaps light blue, mat blue and grey
> - possibly extend the architecture diagram to show an SCA composite
> application diagram which when clicked on would take us to a code
> sample
> - Change the red font for the links on the webpage to dark grey

Thanks David I think this looks nice too. Generally I don't get too
much into color schemes but I think lightening the green or limiting
the number of colors/contrast may make the important things stand out
a little more. We could do something like adopt the colors of the
Tuscan flag :-)

http://www.flagsonline.it/asp/bandiera.asp/bandiera_Toscana/Toscana.html

Jim

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.