Posted to announce@apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/07/09 16:12:02 UTC

[ANN] Apache DirectMemory 0.1-incubating

The Apache DirectMemory Team is pleased to announce the first release
0.1-incubating of Apache DirectMemory project.

Apache DirectMemory is a multi layered cache implementation featuring
off-heap memory management to enable efficient handling of a large
number of java objects without affecting jvm garbage collection
performance

It's an incubating project and a technology preview release. So some
APIs can be change in the future.

The full release notes is available here:
http://s.apache.org/directmemory-0.1-incubating

You can declare a maven dependency to use it:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.directmemory.server</groupId>
    <artifactId>directmemory-cache</artifactId>
    <version>0.1-incubating</version>
  </dependency>

Or download the releases sources:
http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/downloads.html

We hope you will enjoy using Apache DirectMemory!
If you have any questions, please consult:
* the web site: http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/
* the directmemory-user mailing list:
http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/mail-lists.html

Have Fun,
--
Apache DirectMemory Team

Re: [ANN] Apache DirectMemory 0.1-incubating

Posted by Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch>.
Good job guys !

You make my day :)

Benoit.