Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mann, Bradley" <bm...@harris.com> on 2006/06/05 16:56:34 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Hello,

I am using Solaris 10 and Tomcat 5.5. I have deployed a web application
using the Tomcat manager, but when I try to access the servlet, I am
receiving a class not found error. This class is in my CLASSPATH
environment variable. Where do I add this class so that my servlet can
see it?

Thanks,

Brad Mann
Software Engineer - Information Access Services
HARRIS Corporation / GCSD
(321) 984-6292

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
Or better, read
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html
and
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/classnotfound.html

and deploy your application code appropriately.

For the impatient: Tomcat doesn't use CLASSPATH. It sets up its own
based on the servlet specification. Each deployed webapp has defined
repositories for dependent class files/jars.

Posted by Miguel Angel Ruz <ma...@mediafusion.es>.