Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2015/05/01 15:24:19 UTC

Type-safe queries

Just a quick post to say that I've updated the todoapp [1] to demonstrate
the use of type-safe queries using DataNucleus' support.

This isn't a new feature in 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT or DataNucleus 4; if you have an
existing app running on 1.8.0 or earlier you should still be able to use
this feature.  (Indeed, perhaps some already are?)

Anyway, hope it's useful; the specific section to look at in the README is
[2]

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-app-todoapp
[2] https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-app-todoapp#jdoql-vs-typesafe-queries

Re: Type-safe queries

Posted by GESCONSULTOR - Óscar Bou <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Nice sample, Dan!

It can be really useful for those queries that currently need to access directly the DN query API (ie, those returning COUNT(*), group by, etc.).

Cheers,

Oscar

Re: Type-safe queries

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-app-todoapp#jdoql-vs-typesafe-queries
says that the Q** classes should be generated at "process-classes" phase
and thus the application would need one more Maven module.
Is there a problem to generate them at "generate-sources" [1]?

1.
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html#Lifecycle_Reference

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting