Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Steve Thompson <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 19:31:06 UTC

Need some clarification on AjaxBehaviors

I was recently working on creating some Ajax functionality that, when
a record was added/updated/deleted in my form would display some
informational label that would gradually fade away.  While I can get
this to work, I would like to refactor this into some type of reusable
behavior.  Is this possible, and if so, how might it be done?

One approach that I've tried that did not work was adding a custom
AjaxBehavior to the submit (itself an AjaxButton).  I was expecting
that perhaps the behavior could be invoked after the buttons onSubmit
method, but I haven't figured out how to make this happen.  Am I on
the right track?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Steve