Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Roland Klein <ro...@mtg-marinetechnik.de> on 2007/03/02 11:36:38 UTC

Problems adding Maven2 project through URL

Hi All,

i'm having trouble to add a project with modules to Continuum providing an URL.

i tried following URL's:
scm:svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk/pom.xml
svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk/pom.xml
svn://<host>/<project>/trunk/pom.xml

scm:svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk
svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk
svn://<host>/<project>/trunk

in each case i got the error "[ You must provide a valid url ]"

First i searched the mailing list and found some older posts like following:

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=3104276&framed=y&skin=177

In this post Emmanuel Venisse stated, that the scm through the svn protocol will be supported in a
future version, ok this post is from Feb 24, 2006, so maybe obsolet.

Then i found this from Feb 19,2007

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=9042261&framed=y&skin=177

there Emmanuel refer to the Maven 2 URL format definition (http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html).

So my questions are, do i have to specify the filename pom.xml in the URL?
Should i build Continuum from HEAD, to get latest version, and in this latest version is the svn
protocol supported?

My env:
- Windows 2000
- Maven 2.0.4
- Continuum 1.0.3

Thanks in advance
Roland

--
Roland Klein
Tel: +49 40 65803 209

MTG Marinetechnik GmbH - Wandsbeker Koenigstr. 62 - D 22041 Hamburg

GF Dipl.-Ing. Ullrich Keil
Handelsregister: Abt. B Nr. 11 500 - Amtsgericht Hamburg Abt. 66
USt.-IdNr.: DE 1186 70571

RE: Problems adding Maven2 project through URL

Posted by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com>.
Sounds good, thanks.

Posted by Roland Klein <ro...@mtg-marinetechnik.de>.
Hi Alexander,

as i wrote Chris, i installed apache also and now everything works.

Thanks to you
Roland

Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) schrieb:
> Here is the set-up which I have.  I have Apache Web Server in front of
> SVN, and I add POM's in Continuum by using
> Maven 2, and I made sure that my settings.xml was in the home directory
> of the user who started the Continuum server.  Please let us know if
> this helps.  Thanks.

>>> svn:svn://<host>/<project>/trunk

Posted by Roland Klein <ro...@mtg-marinetechnik.de>.
Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply.
I tried your suggestion, but i didn't realize the correct directory structure, so this won't work
for me.
Also this solution has one drawback, i have to synchronize my svn repo with this directory by hand,
like you do with that shell script.

To make it short, i decided to install apache httpd with svn support to our devel server, and now we
have svn and http access to subversion repo.
And with that nice style sheet from TortoiseSVN 1) we got a simple but nice web frontend.

Continuum works also, everything is fine.

Thanks again
Roland

1) http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/trunk/contrib/other/svnindex

Posted by Chris Russell <ch...@oracle.com>.