Posted to user@spark.apache.org by didier vila <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/29 20:16:37 UTC

Aster Functions equivalent in spark : cfilter, npath and sessionize

Good morning all,
I am interesting to know if there is some Aster equivalent functions in Spark .
In particular, I would like to sesionize or create some sessions based.
I would to create some npath or sequence based based on a specific pattern.https://aster-community.teradata.com/docs/DOC-1544
I would like to derive some affinitiehttps://aster-community.teradata.com/docs/DOC-1552
I am python user of Spark and I would to demonstrate that Spark is  a very good candidate instead of Aster ( Aster will run in Hadoop soon).
do you have any Spark python code  to demonstrate my colleague that Spark is the best options ?
thanks for this.
sparkthewolf

Re: Aster Functions equivalent in spark : cfilter, npath and sessionize

Posted by Peyman Mohajerian <mo...@gmail.com>.
Some of the Aster functions you are referring to can be done using Window
functions in SparkSQL:
https://databricks.com/blog/2015/07/15/introducing-window-functions-in-spark-sql.html