Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br> on 2003/05/28 19:26:55 UTC

RemovalAwareList status

Any news?

Thanks,

Edson Richter

---

global oid

Posted by battjt <ba...@soliddesign.net>.
I'm still trying to port our applications from Poet to OJB.

Poet has a concept of an object ID, OID.  I added the id as a field on
each of our objects and map that to the ID column from Poet.  The
problem is that the OID is global.  Given a long, Poet returns an
Object.  'Identity's in OJB are not global, but instead scoped to a
class.  Anyone have a pattern to work around this?

(Possible I'm just completely lost.  I was using Longs for my ids, but
org.apache.ojb.jdori.sql.OjbStoreManager.getPCClassForOid was throwing a
class cast exception, so I assumed that I needed to use
org.apache.ojb.broker.Identity for my ids.)

Thanks again,
Joe

Re: RemovalAwareList status

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.