Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <sv...@steveviens.com> on 2002/01/21 08:28:09 UTC

[jUDDI-users] RE: [jUDDI] Back-end support

Hi Al. We have begun a complete rewrite of the jUDDI project. This was
started about 3 weeks ago and is just picking up steam now.  The plan is
to support any JDBC data source which would include MySQL. If I remember
correctly a problem with the versions of MySQL that were available when
we were in the thick of development was that it did not support
transactions or referential integrity as the many other DB's do. Not too
difficult to come up with a RI workaround but transactions are a
different story.

We would like to be at an 0.6 release within a few weeks and we're
shooting for a 1.0 beta sometime in April. Give the 0.5.0 version a try.
We have heard from others that have installed jUDDI with MySQL - If I
can dig up a name or two I'll forward it along to you.

Steve

PS: The new rewrite will be depend on several other open source projects
such as IBM's UDDI4j, Apache Log4j, Apache Axis, Apache Xerces. Also,
HSQLdb will be used as the default data source implementation.

Steve Viens
jUDDI Project Manager
sviens@steveviens.com
http://juddi.org/

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@steveviens.com>.
Sorry Al - I can't seem to find the email message I was thinking of. To
answer your question though. You should use the
org.juddi.datasource.jdbc.JDBCDataSource class with MySQL.

Steve

> We would like to be at an 0.6 release within a few weeks and we're
> shooting for a 1.0 beta sometime in April. Give the 0.5.0 version a
> try. We have heard from others that have installed jUDDI with MySQL -
> If I

There's no org.juddi.datasource.jdbc.MySQLDataSource class in the code
that I've downloaded. Did I miss anything here?

> can dig up a name or two I'll forward it along to you.

That would be great! Thanx!

> Steve
>
> PS: The new rewrite will be depend on several other open source
> projects such as IBM's UDDI4j, Apache Log4j, Apache Axis, Apache
> Xerces. Also, HSQLdb will be used as the default data source
> implementation.
>
> Steve Viens
> jUDDI Project Manager
> sviens@steveviens.com
> http://juddi.org/

Many thanks again.
Al

[jUDDI-users] RE: [jUDDI] Back-end support

Posted by Al Caponi <do...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi Steve,
Thanx for the fast reply!

> We would like to be at an 0.6 release within a few weeks and we're
> shooting for a 1.0 beta sometime in April. Give the 0.5.0 version a try.
> We have heard from others that have installed jUDDI with MySQL - If I

There's no org.juddi.datasource.jdbc.MySQLDataSource class in the code that
I've downloaded. Did I miss anything here?

> can dig up a name or two I'll forward it along to you.

That would be great! Thanx!

> Steve
>
> PS: The new rewrite will be depend on several other open source projects
> such as IBM's UDDI4j, Apache Log4j, Apache Axis, Apache Xerces. Also,
> HSQLdb will be used as the default data source implementation.
>
> Steve Viens
> jUDDI Project Manager
> sviens@steveviens.com
> http://juddi.org/