Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Prasanna. Suman" <pr...@growerideas.com> on 2012/07/11 22:39:31 UTC

Problem starting master?

I am facing problems setting up HBase properly. When I start the
start-hbase.sh script, it seems like the it has worked perfectly but in the
hbase shell I can't create tables etc and instead get a myriad of errors. I
suspect that its because I couldn't start hbase properly as I can find
nothing related to hbase like ZooKeeper etc in ps -e . I have attached my
log with this message, could you guys help out?

Prasanna Suman

#"Any program is only as good as it is useful." - Linus Torvalds

Re: Problem starting master?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Prasanna. Suman
<pr...@growerideas.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to setup Nutch 2.0 and I am facing problems setting up HBase
> properly. When I start the start-hbase.sh script, it seems like the it has
> worked perfectly but in the hbase shell I can't create tables etc and
> instead get a myriad of errors. I suspect that its because I couldn't start
> hbase properly as I can find nothing related to hbase like ZooKeeper etc in
> ps -e . I have attached my log with this message, could you guys help out?

This list doesn't allow attachments.  Do as David suggests and put
your log up on pastebin and post the link here instead.

You won't see separate zk process if you are doing a standalone hbase
(all processes run in the one jvm instance).  Look in logs to get a
clue as to whats up.

St.Ack

Re: Problem starting master?

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
If you are starting your HBase installation (cluster) from scrath
there should be no problems at all.
The installation is pretty straightforward and I can guarantee that
both technologies work together.
I think there is a link to the HBase tutorial from the Nutch s.X tutorial.

hth

Lewis

Re: Problem starting master?

Posted by "Prasanna. Suman" <pr...@growerideas.com>.
I did, but with no replies.

Re: Problem starting master?

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem starting master?

Re: Problem starting master?

Posted by Dave Wang <ds...@cloudera.com>.
Prasanna,

I do not see logs attached to the message.  Could you put your logs into
pastebin?

- Dave