Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nicholas L Mohler <Ni...@raytheon.com> on 2004/06/02 16:36:33 UTC

RE: [SOLVED] Default methodName for DispatchAction

Most likely the "browseType" parameter is not defined in you page, so it is
not submitted.

If you're using the struts submit buttons, you probably have something to
the effect of:
    <beanMessage key="someKeyName"/>

The effect of the button tag is that when it is clicked, the "browseType"
parameter will be added into the request.  When the button is not clicked,
the "browseType" parameter is not added into the request.  If I remember
correctly, we had to implement a handler to listen for the enter key to
make sure that our parameter was added to the request.

Nick

|         |           "Kamholz, Keith  |
|         |           (corp-staff) USX"|
|         |           <kkamholz@moog.co|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           06/02/2004 10:00 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [SOLVED] Default methodName for DispatchAction                                                           |

Hmmmmm....
It's not working for me.  I have a form with 4 different submit buttons.
I'm trying to get it to execute the 'unspecified' method of my
LookupDispatchAction when the user presses 'Enter' rather than clicking on
button.

Right now I have:

public ActionForward unspecified(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
                                     HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse
response)
                                     throws Exception
{
             System.out.println();
             System.out.println("'Unspecified' Method executing...");
             System.out.println();
             return modelBrowse(mapping, form, request, response);
}

But when I press 'Enter' after filling in the form, my output doesn't get
written to the console and I get an error that says:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Request[/Browse] does not contain handler
parameter named browseType

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?  It works fine
when I click on a button, but not when I press 'Enter'.
Thanks!

- Keith