Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/27 19:05:35 UTC

Partition reassign Kafka 0.8.1.1

Hi,
I was testing out Kafka 0.8.1.1 and found that i get the following
exception during partition re-assignment :

*./kafka-reassign-partitions.sh --path-to-json-file ritest.json --zookeeper
localhost:2181*

*Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in
progress for Map(). Aborting operation*
*kafka.common.AdminCommandFailedException: Partition reassignment currently
in progress for Map(). Aborting operation*
*        at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.reassignPartitions(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:91)*
*        at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand$.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:65)*
*        at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala)*

*My JSOn file is as follows *

*{"partitions":        [{"topic": "ritest1",        "partition": 3,
"replicas": [1,2,3] }]}*
What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Kashyap

Re: Partition reassign Kafka 0.8.1.1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
*Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in
progress for Map().

The map is empty, so this seems like a bug. Please can you file a JIRA and
also attach your server's log4j to it?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kashyap,

If a previous reassignment is still on going the current one cannot
proceed, did you trigger another reassignment before this one?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang