Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fj...@superiorshelving.com on 2004/03/08 20:00:30 UTC

[users@httpd] [OT] Certificate not recognized by browsers

Hi All,

   I realize this is not an Apache problem, but I was hoping someone
could point me in the right direction.  We got a secure certificate
from ipsCA and it refuses to be recognized by IE, Netscape, Mozilla,
and Camino.  According to their web site, the intermediate certificate
must not be installed incorrectly, but I'm 99.9% sure that it is.

   Is there a problem with certs from ipsCA?  They are listed in the
Security preference panel in IE, so they should be legit.  Or is it a
problem with intermediate certificates in general?  If it is, what
would be the point of buying one, if the majority of browsers complain?

   If anyone wants to see it for themselves, here is the link:
http://www.nexelshelving.com/cgi-bin/surfshop1/shop.cgi?
c=start.htm&storeid=1

Put something in the cart and click the check out button to see the
message.  Do not complete the checkout process, that is, of course, you
want to buy some shelving!  =;)

   We're running Apache 2.0.48 on Mac OX 10.3.1.  I'm desperate.  Our
bank is holding our funds until we get rid of the error message that
pops up in the browser.  If someone can help us out, I'd be extremely
grateful.

Ronald