Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2001/07/17 15:40:17 UTC

Re: Unable to run both Ant & Tomcat (set classpath)rectified

Hi Calvin your right , i mispelt jakarta,within the classpath. I would also
like to know does it matter that i have copied from tomcat/lid dir to my
webapp/WEB-INF/lib dir the servlet.jar as at first when i edit the
tomcat.bat it stated it couldn't locate the servlet.jar.

I recall the struts-group stating it should stay at tomvat/lib.
Secondly when one constructs ant's builds do thet reside in the same dir as
i have a dir named C:\development and within the ms-dos it works fine thus i
have downloaded an example containing a .java file and a build.xml file thus
do both these file reside in a separate dir i.e

VKCapture.java , sp.tif & build.xml to a new folder named C:\capture dir.
am i on the right lines of thinking.
Cheers All