Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2003/10/22 06:42:33 UTC

Re: Help, repository version 1 to version 2 in Windows

Hi Carlos,

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 23.27, Carlos De Los Santos wrote:
> I have an old Subversion repository on a Windows machine (probably pre
> 0.28).  I downloaded the version 0.30.0 of Subversion to access it,
> but I got the following error:
>
> Expected version '2' of repository; found version '1'
>
> How do I convert the repository to the latest revision?  I heard it
> involves dumping and loading with svnadmin, but requires that I have
> the older version of Subversion.
>
> I don't have the old version of Subversion that handles version 1
> repositories, and I cannot find older .exe versions of Subversion on
> your website.

You will find the pre 0.14.2 and pre 0.28.0 versions by pointing your
browser to:
  http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=469

You need one or both of this files:
  svn-win32-0.27.0.zip  (0.27.0-r6707 - Aug 10 2003)
  svn-win32-r2927.zip   (0.14.1-r2927 - Aug 12 2002)

Make sure that the contents of your zip file are unpacked in a folder
which are mentioned in your %PATH% environment variable and follow the
instructions as described here:
  http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#dumpload

Please, ask questions like this in the mailing list
users@subversion.tigris.org. Then the chance is that you will get
quicker and better answers.

Good luck!

To the dev group: -Can we put something like this Q/A in the FAQ (but
adapted for all platforms)?

Jostein

--

Jostein Chr. Andersen <jo...@josander.net>
http://www.josander.net/

Re: Help, repository version 1 to version 2 in Windows

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 16.32, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> I think the existing 'dumpload' question you pointed to is pretty
> clear... Not sure what you were proposing to add?

A kind of list or table that shows the users exactly which revision and/
or distro (tar.gz|zip|exe|whatever) and/or source to download and
compile and/or run when they have whatever version of svn and database
and want to update to the current version.

It is possible to see this by looking at the red highlighted releases in
project_status.html (which I did) and find the right archives after some
investigations, but a lot easier for people when it's there right in
front of the user.

Jostein

--

Posted by kf...@collab.net.