Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cecchi Sandrone <ce...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 15:02:45 UTC

Customize properties in an already packaged application

Hi all,
In my build scenario I have this problem...

1) A packaged war is available to download (from a website) for the user. It
contains all properties specified in the pom (also database connection
properties) that substitute those specified in the hibernate.properties
during the filtering phase.
2) Obviously every user has his own database configuration and wants to
customize these parameters (username, password, etc).

How can I solve this problem without burdening too much the unqualified user
from configuration details? Ideally, He wants a war package + an easy
configuration file to enjoy the application...

Thanks in advance for every advice.