Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2018/02/28 11:33:46 UTC

Call for idea: Google Summer of Code 2018 is coming

Hi Dubbo community,

If you have any ideas, please submit to JIRA[1] and label it with
"gsoc2018", hopefully some student will take it as his/her summer
work!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DUBBO/issues

Below is the forwarded message:

Posted by Jun Liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I‘ve got some ideas which i think can be very suitable for student
> > participation, i think these ideas can help participants get familiar
> with
> > dubbo and also can help to improve the dubbo's existing features. I will
> > submit these ideas to JIRA laterly so we can have a discussion in
> advance.
>
> Great! Don't forget to label it with gsoc2018 so that students can find
> easily.

Got it.

> > I also like to be the mentor and guide those talented young guys get
> > familiar with dubbo.
>
> If you want to mentor a project in this year's SoC you will have to
>
> 1. Be an Apache committer. Since you are on Dubbo's initial committer
> list, you should be eligible once your account has been setup.
> 2. Request an acknowledgement from the PMC for which you want to
> mentor projects. Use the below
> template and *do not forget to copy mentors@community.apache.org*. We
> will use the email adress you
> indicate to send the invite to be a mentor for Apache.

Will do it after receive the account.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jun Liu <ke...@gmail.com>.