Posted to general@xml.apache.org by venu <ve...@suplicity.com> on 2001/03/14 17:26:28 UTC

JAXP 1.1 DOM parser

Hi ,

Jaxp 1.1 DOM parser is not recognising the second level DTDs. (embedded
DTDs). Any Idea. (All DTDs are in the same directory).

thanks
venu

Re: JAXP 1.1 DOM parser

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
Henrik Melander wrote:

> Could someone point me to a resource that explains how embedded  DTDs
> are written?
>
> Regards
> Henrik
>
> venu wrote:
> >
> > Hi ,
> >
> > Jaxp 1.1 DOM parser is not recognising the second level DTDs. (embedded
> > DTDs). Any Idea. (All DTDs are in the same directory).

What do you mean by a "second level" DTD?  In XML, there can only be one
DTD:

[Definition: The XML document type declaration contains or points to
markup declarations that provide a grammar for a class of documents.
This
         grammar is known as a document type definition, or DTD. The
document type declaration can point to an external subset (a special
kind of external
         entity) containing markup declarations, or can contain the
markup declarations directly in an internal subset, or can do both. The
DTD for a document
         consists of both subsets taken together.]

-Edwin

Re: JAXP 1.1 DOM parser

Posted by Henrik Melander <d9...@sm.luth.se>.