Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Fei <af...@jhu.edu> on 1999/03/02 21:54:25 UTC

mod_cgi/3985: exec cmd="" does not produce any wanted result

>Number:         3985
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       exec cmd="" does not produce any wanted result
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
<CENTER><B>You are the visitor number <!--#exec cmd="http://aa.eps.jhu.edu/cgi-b
in/cgiwrap/feiliu/count.cgi" -->of afei's homepage<BR>since Nov. 23, 1996 <!--#e
xec cmd="http://aa.eps.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/feiliu/report.cgi" --></B></CENTE

Now I want the count.cgi produce a counter for the number of visits.
Report.cgi produces a report on the incoming visit.
Both cgi output goes directly into the current webpage.

However, nothing appear on the webpage at that cgi execution place.
>How-To-Repeat:
aa.eps.jhu.edu/~feiliu/index_noframe.shtml
>Fix:
Is there any alternative for such approach? In other words, how can a
user execute a short cgi script to produce server filtered output.