Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vi...@wipro.com on 2007/09/26 12:10:52 UTC

Chinese characters in Bold

Hi,

In my project, I am using ArialUnicodeMS with FOP for displaying Chinese
characters in PDF.

The requirement is to display the characters in bold and italic which I
am not able to.

If anybody has generated the Chinese characters in bold and italic using
this font, I request you to please provide the steps.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vineela K.

www.wipro.com

Re: Chinese characters in Bold

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
vineela.karnati@wipro.com wrote:

> In my project, I am using ArialUnicodeMS with FOP for displaying Chinese
> characters in PDF.
>
> The requirement is to display the characters in bold and italic which I
> am not able to.
>
> If anybody has generated the Chinese characters in bold and italic using
> this font, I request you to please provide the steps.

You need a Font which has bold and italic glyphs for Chinese Characters.
ArialUnicodeMS does not contain any bold or italic glyphs. This question
has come up many times before. You could try searching the archives for
Font suggestions.

Chris