Posted to user@hive.apache.org by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 10:10:49 UTC

Hi Users,

               I  have an HDFS set up with 1 master node and 2 slave
nodes.Is it possible loading data only into master node,with out disturbing
the configuration of other 2 slave nodes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
shaik.

Re: Loading data only into one node

Posted by Jasper Knulst <ja...@incentro.com>.
Hi,

The only way to do this is to set the replication factor to 1.

<property>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>1</value>
</property>

You have to set this property to 1 and upload the file to HDFS locally on
the DD where you want it to be stored. Still no guarantee that it will end
up there.

But why would you want to do this? It totally goes against the Hadoop
paradigm to worry about block placement.

Jasper

Re: Loading data only into one node

Posted by prabhu k <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bejoy,