Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Andre Schild <A....@aarboard.ch> on 2002/10/08 23:11:02 UTC

building aut_ldap under win32

Hello,

finaly I got the module compiled and running under w2k.

Here the steps required to get it working:

1. put the two dsp files from the attachement in the experimental
folder
2. the netscape/iplanet ldap libraries are installed in srclib\ldap
3. Apply the util_ldap.c.diff and util_ldap.h.diff to the source tree
(based on 2.0.43 release)
4. Compile the two modules using the dsp files
5. You get a mod_auth_ldap.so and a util_ldap.so module
6. Put them in the modules directory, don't forget to copy the
nsldap32v50.dll somewhere where apache.exe will find it
7. Load the two modules in your httpd.conf, like below:
LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
8. Configure the directories as described in the docus.
9. Start apache.exe

Additional infos:

First:
A main problem in the current sources is, that we build two modules
(ldap_module and auth_ldap_module) as dll's, but the functions from
ldap_module who are required by the mod_auth_ldap don't get exported.

To do this, I have changed the util_ldap.h/c files (see diffs) to use
dllexport/import stuff, similar to the system used by mod_proxy.

Second:
ldap_module is "home" in a file named util_ldap, where as all other
modules use the form of mod_XY
Why not change the source-filename to mod_ldap too ?

If my changes are accepted, then I'm willing to update the README.ldap
file to replect the win32
steps to build the module.

A. Schild

Re: building aut_ldap under win32

Posted by "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>.
Andre Schild wrote:

>Hello,
>
>finaly I got the module compiled and running under w2k.
>
>Here the steps required to get it working:
>
>1. put the two dsp files from the attachement in the experimental
>folder
>2. the netscape/iplanet ldap libraries are installed in srclib\ldap
>3. Apply the util_ldap.c.diff and util_ldap.h.diff to the source tree
>(based on 2.0.43 release)
>4. Compile the two modules using the dsp files
>5. You get a mod_auth_ldap.so and a util_ldap.so module
>6. Put them in the modules directory, don't forget to copy the
>nsldap32v50.dll somewhere where apache.exe will find it
>7. Load the two modules in your httpd.conf, like below:
>LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
>LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
>8. Configure the directories as described in the docus.
>9. Start apache.exe
>
>Additional infos:
>
>First:
>A main problem in the current sources is, that we build two modules
>(ldap_module and auth_ldap_module) as dll's, but the functions from
>ldap_module who are required by the mod_auth_ldap don't get exported.
>
>To do this, I have changed the util_ldap.h/c files (see diffs) to use
>dllexport/import stuff, similar to the system used by mod_proxy.

That approach works fine, as does use of a separate modldapwin32.def (or
some such) Win32 export definition file.  (Ideally) one approach or the
other should be selected as preferable and consistently applied in such
cases.

>Second:
>ldap_module is "home" in a file named util_ldap, where as all other
>modules use the form of mod_XY
>Why not change the source-filename to mod_ldap too ?

Reasonable question, but not a real hang-up, right?

>If my changes are accepted, then I'm willing to update the README.ldap
>file to replect the win32
>steps to build the module.

Cool.

Re: building aut_ldap under win32

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Andre Schild wrote:

> finaly I got the module compiled and running under w2k.

Sweet... I just comitted them - thanks!

> If my changes are accepted, then I'm willing to update the README.ldap
> file to replect the win32
> steps to build the module.

If you can update the README it would be great...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street