Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Jesse Hires <jh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 04:24:52 UTC

need advice trouble shooting zero results problem

I am getting zero results when I search, but have no idea where to look for
clues as to why. Is there a log that shows failure to find
search-servers.txt, or failures to connect to the searchers? Is there a way
I can verify the searchers can find the indexes?

There seems to be very few breadcrumbs to follow when the configuration is
not quite correct.

I have had this working at one point, but decided to start over with the
latest version from the trunk. I have a feeling I missed something, but I
just don't know where to look.

Jesse

int GetRandomNumber()
{
   return 4; // Chosen by fair roll of dice
                // Guaranteed to be random
} // xkcd.com

Re: need advice trouble shooting zero results problem

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
I think we should add some logging on the initialization code of
various back ends, currently they log nearly nothing and it's hard to
find out what's happening (specially when something is wrong).

You can go ahead and propose a patch in jira that adds proper logging
statements so that it's easier to diagnose situations like that.

--
 Sami Siren