Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by favez <fa...@swissonline.ch> on 2001/12/11 10:33:56 UTC

fo:table question

Hello,
just a small problem about fo:table.

I want create a table with many columns and the total amount width of
the column will be bigger than the width of the page... How do I have
to do to tell fop that i want a new page if the total amount of the
column width is bigger than the page width....

If someone has an example, thanks in advance

Steve Favez
favez@swissonline.ch

Re: fo:table question

Posted by Cyril Rognon <cr...@objectiva.fr>.
Steve,

what you are willing to do must be done in XSLT. if you know the width of
each column, then you will have no trouble writing a test in your xslt
stylesheet that will generate a "new continuing table" with the remaining
columns. You mentioned a new page, take care, what if your table is on more
than one page already ?

anyway, XSLT offers you arithmetic to test your case, and the template
rules to generate your table(s).

I do not have sample, sorry.

Hope this helps

Cyril Rognon