Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jiao, Jason (NSN - CN/Cheng Du)" <ja...@nsn.com> on 2008/08/26 04:42:29 UTC

Luke issues "Unknown format version: -6"

Hi there,
	I use luke v0.8.1 which build base on lucene 2.3.0. First, I run
lucene/demo/IndexFiles to build index successfully. Then I use luke to
open index, but luke  issues "Unknown format version: -6" . I check the
documentation of lucene which said "lucene 2.3.2 does not contain any
new features, API or file format changes, which makes it fully
compatible to 2.3.0 and 2.3.1".

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Jiao

Re: Luke issues "Unknown format version: -6"

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
I think you need to triple check your CLASSPATH?  It seems like you
are somehow getting and older version of Luke.

The file format definitely did not change from 2.3.0 --> 2.3.2.

Mike