Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/27 10:30:39 UTC

[VOTE] Migrate our main repositories to GitHub

Hello all,

lets decide here if we want to move our main repository, currently
hosted at Apache to GitHub instead. This will make our process a bit
easier because we can eliminate one remote from our workflow.

     [ ] +1 Migrate all repositories to GitHub
     [ ] -1 Do not migrate,  because...

Thanks,
Jörn

Re: [VOTE] Migrate our main repositories to GitHub

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Suneel ,

I disagree.

You prefaced the word with “active”. That’s a judgement call. Everyone must be
allowed to participate in the VOTE.

https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#expressing-votes-1-0-1-and-fractions

Please, do not close the VOTE until 72 hours have passed. In addition, we should
allow non PMC members and non committers to voice their opinion as well to
include the community.

Cheers,
Chris

On 6/28/17, 7:05 AM, "Suneel Marthi" <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

    All of the active PMC and committers have already voted +1, so its ok to
    close the vote and not waste 72 hrs.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Joern,

You have reached consensus amongst those PMC members who have
VOTEd, but there are more PMC than those that have VOTEd. In addition,
there are lots of potential contributors (who may someday become C or PMC,
including criteria that involves participating in VOTEs, and expressing
*their* consensus) on the mailing list who may be in different time zones,
and the 72 hour rule is a minimum to allow *all* (not just the current PMC)
to express their voice in VOTEs.

So, please, leave the VOTE open for at least 72 hours. It was opened
6/27/17, 3:30 AM, so should be ready to go in another day or so.

Cheers,
Chris

On 6/29/17, 4:34 AM, "Joern Kottmann" <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Yes, this is delaying our release now by two days and we already
    reached consent.

    Jörn

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.