Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2012/03/16 06:02:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons IO 2.2-RC1

Hello All:

This is a VOTE to release Commons IO 2.2-RC1

This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until March 19 2012 at 01:30 EST.

The files:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-080/

The tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/tags/2.2-RC1

The site:

https://people.apache.org/builds/commons/commons-io/2.2/RC1/

New features:
o Use terabyte (TB) , petabyte (PB) and exabyte (EB) in
FileUtils.byteCountToDisplaySize(long size)  Issue: IO-287. Thanks to Ron
Kuris, Gary Gregory.
o FileUtils.listFiles() doesn't return directories  Issue: IO-173. Thanks
to Marcos Vinícius da Silva.
o CharSequenceInputStream to efficiently stream content of a CharSequence
Issue: IO-297. Thanks to Oleg Kalnichevski.
o The second constructor of Tailer class does not pass 'delay' to the third
one  Issue: IO-304. Thanks to liangly.
o TeeOutputStream does not call branch.close() when main.close() throws an
exception  Issue: IO-303. Thanks to fabian.barney.
o ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in BOMInputStream when reading a file
without BOM multiple times  Issue: IO-302. Thanks to jsteuerwald, detinho.
o Add IOUtils.closeQuietly(Selector) necessary  Issue: IO-301. Thanks to
kaykay.unique.
o IOUtils.closeQuietly() should take a ServerSocket as a parameter  Issue:
IO-292. Thanks to sebb.
o Add read/readFully methods to IOUtils  Issue: IO-290. Thanks to sebb.
o Supply a ReversedLinesFileReader  Issue: IO-288. Thanks to Georg Henzler.
o Add new function FileUtils.directoryContains.  Issue: IO-291. Thanks to
ggregory.
o FileUtils.contentEquals and IOUtils.contentEquals - Add option to ignore
"line endings"
        Added contentEqualsIgnoreEOL methods to both classes  Issue:
IO-275. Thanks to CJ Aspromgos.

Fixed Bugs:
o FileUtils.moveDirectoryToDirectory removes source directory if
destination is a subdirectory  Issue: IO-300.
o ReaderInputStream#read(byte[] b, int off, int len) should check for valid
parameters  Issue: IO-307.
o ReaderInputStream#read(byte[] b, int off, int len) should always return 0
for length == 0  Issue: IO-306.
o "FileUtils#deleteDirectoryOnExit(File)" does not work  Issue: IO-276.
Thanks to nkami.
o BoundedInputStream.read() treats max differently from
BoundedInputStream.read(byte[]...)  Issue: IO-273. Thanks to sebb.
o Various methods of class 'org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils' incorrectly
suppress 'java.io.IOException'  Issue: IO-298. Thanks to Christian Schulte.

Changes:
o ReaderInputStream optimization: more efficient reading of small chunks of
data  Issue: IO-296. Thanks to Oleg Kalnichevski.

Thank you,
Gary

JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory <http://twitter.com/GaryGregory>

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Commons IO 2.2-RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
This vote is canceled. See -1 below.

Thank you Sebb.

Gary

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 2.2-RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I cancelled the vote and will retry this weekend. Thanks to all for looking.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>wrote:

> Le 16/03/2012 06:02, Gary Gregory a écrit :
> > Hello All:
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> Minor nitpicking:
>
>  - the copyright header on NOTICE is 2002-2011 instead of 2002-2012
>  - the title of the release notes refers to Commons IO 2.1 (but a few
>   lines after title, 2.2 is correctly referenced)
>
> This seems minor to me, so +1.

Thank you Luc. I fixed these in SVN. Let's see if anyone else finds
anything more severe that justifies cutting another RC.

Gary

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.