Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeremy <Je...@phonesplus.biz> on 2010/04/16 21:49:25 UTC

[users@httpd] info: generic access denied for 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' in error log for ALL requests

This is a new Mandrieva 2010 install and this has not worked at all.
When I started httpd I was getting errors with the virtual host stuff,
but then I copied the old httpd.conf file from the older server config
(older version 2.0) and now httpd is not complaining anymore, (I
upgraded a Mandrieva 2008 server, but totally reloaded it from scratch)
and there are no startup errors in the logs. But since the beginning
every time any machine tries to access the server, I get the following
error in the error log:

[xxxxx] info: generic access denied for 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'

with the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx stating the ip address of the machine doing the
request. I am at a loss, I cannot find anything wrong with the
directives, or permissions for the directories. This was happening with
the server completely at default before I changed or setup anything. I
get the same error even with localhost. I have tried to google the issue
but I have not found anything useful.

Not related with this list, but I am having almost the same issues with
ssh, although I have vnc, smtp, pop3 and imap working fine.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks! - Jeremy