Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/09/25 12:56:34 UTC

Preparing for the Synapse 1.1 release ...

Hi All

We are planning to complete most of the open JIRA's and
improvements/features in-progress this week and I would send out an
email early next week on the exact timelines we are heading for the 1.1
release. Right now we are targetting the end of October.

You could help us by testing the nightly builds
(http://people.apache.org/dist/synapse/nightly/) and raising JIRA's
against any issues you encounter so that we could address them
effectively in 1.1. Also, we are planning to improve the documentation
and samples we have any any contributions from you all are _most_
welcome :-)  . These could be even in the form of blog entries such as
this one
<http://pzf.fremantle.org/2007/07/advanced-open-source-collage.html>
from Paul, or some descriptions about your case studies etc.

Finally if some of you would like to share your experiences/use of
Synapse, we would love to list them on the Apache site if you agree (we
could keep confidential information out if you require!) This would help
us gain more users, and thus improve the project even more in future
which will benefit you all in the long run.

thanks
asankha

Re: Preparing for the Synapse 1.1 release ...

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi all...

My apologies for the delay in getting an RC quality distribution out
this week. However to update you all on what was happening, we were
doing some more last minute fixes/clean up of code and testing -
including load testing, MTOM and RM etc. Right now we still have issues
getting RM to work, and the HttpCore folks have just called for a vote
to release alpha6 on which we are highly dependent - and we seem to be
fine with the new fixes and just +1 that release. We are also finishing
up some more testing on Apache VFS and some patches we did for it..

Still to do, we have updating of the documentation, addition of the
samples and performing more testing. We have Evanthika joining us to do
QA from this week and we should be in good shape by next week to release
something for you all to try out

asankha

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi all...