Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Finn Ulff-Møller <fi...@tietoenator.com> on 2002/08/27 14:15:39 UTC

Questions about session control and SSL

I am trying to use JMeter 1.7 for loadtesting and monitoring of a
web-service
that runs on a WebLogic server. It uses a VeriSign certificate.

The web-service is a questionnaire comprising a series of questions that the
user
is supposed to answer and then pass on to the next question by clicking a
button.
The whole session uses the HTTPS protocol and is being started from a link
by a
GET command. The subsequent button clicks activates POST commands.

The link contains two alphanumeric strings that in the program are
identified as
userID and password (they are not the usual name-value-pairs):
https://preprod.forespringer.com/answer/3140536/45gm5o0qpi4z99/ci806cvihq76q
This link is workable if you want to test it. If you answer question no. 3
the
status will be changed to "completed" and it will no longer work with the
test
plan (click "<<" until you reach the first page and then "Cancel").

Test Plan
  Thread Group (threads: 1, ramp up: 0, count: 1)
    HTTP Request Defaults (server name: preprod.forespringer.com, HTTPS,
GET)
    Modification Controller
      HTTP HTML Link Parser
      HTTP Request (HTTPS, GET,
                    path: /answer/3140536/45gm5o0qpi4z99/ci806cvihq76qu
                   )
      HTTP Request (HTTPS, POST,
                    path: /answerLaunch/answerQuestionnaire_p01.jsp,
                    param: prevButtonArrow, value: "blank",
                    param: nextButtonArrow, value: buttonPressed,
                    param: nextPageName,    value: FirstQuestion,
                    param: questionId,      value: -1,
                    param: currentPageName, value:
answerQuestionnaire_p01.jsp,
                    param: pageCounter,     value: 0,
                    param: prevPageName,    value: Cancel
                   )
      View Results

The start-page seems to work alright but I get an error when trying to move
on to
the first answer-page. The program's log-file says "user unknown" but there
is no
mention of a "user" in the HTML code of the start-page. Apparently, there is

something in the session information that has been handled incorrectly.

Should I use the SSL Manager?
When I start JMeter the first time, a small dialog box "Keystore Password"
pops up.
I have tried to input the password from the link but it does not make a
difference.
I have chosen this setting in jmeter.properties:
   ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
   #ssl.provider=iaik.security.jsse.provider.IAIKJSSEProvider
   ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

I use the default jmeter.bat with only this change:
set LOCALCLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;c:\java\jsse1.0.3\lib\jsse.jar;

c:\java\jsse1.0.3\lib\jnet.jar;

c:\java\jsse1.0.3\lib\jcert.jar

I have checked the documentation carefully as well as your user and
developer
mailboxes with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Finn Ulff-Moller

Re: Questions about session control and SSL

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Sounds like the problem is the lack of a Cookie Manager.  In order to deal with
cookies correctly, JMeter needs a Cookie Manager attached to your threadgroup.

For the password dialog, try just hitting enter - no password.

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya