Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Daniel Eklund <do...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/10 21:52:15 UTC

quick factual question about python load/store UDFs ...

I am looking at the jython UDF function capabilities.

Is it fair to say that the jython UDFs are only for filter, and aggregate
functions and _not_   load/store UDFs?

I am assuming so as JythonFunction extends EvalFunc.  I couldn't find any
discussion on PIG-928 as to if load/store python UDFs were considered.

thanks,
daniel

Re: quick factual question about python load/store UDFs ...

Posted by John Meagher <jo...@gmail.com>.
There's a loader available as a patch in Jira, but nothing I'm aware
of for storing.