Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Arunava Sinha <ar...@oracle.com> on 2017/10/12 03:28:11 UTC

Incubator NetBeans Build Test Cases Failures

Hi,

I was looking into failing Test Cases of Incubator NetBeans build . Most
of the test cases failures are due to dependency on resources which were
deleted during Apache Code Donation as they were violating licensing terms.

link:
https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-linux/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

We can follow either of the below two approaches for those test cases.

1. Delete the Test Cases
2. Instead of deleting it comment it out so that if someone wants to use
them in future then can do so.

Please suggest which approach we should follow.

Regards,
Arunava Sinha

Re: Incubator NetBeans Build Test Cases Failures

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Arunava,

Am Donnerstag, den 12.10.2017, 08:58 +0530 schrieb Arunava Sinha:
> I was looking into failing Test Cases of Incubator NetBeans build . Most
> of the test cases failures are due to dependency on resources which were
> deleted during Apache Code Donation as they were violating licensing terms.
>
> link:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-linux/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>
> We can follow either of the below two approaches for those test cases.
>
> 1. Delete the Test Cases
> 2. Instead of deleting it comment it out so that if someone wants to use
> them in future then can do so.

I think option 2 would be the better option. And if the resources can
be recreated without to much work, fixing the test would be optimal :-)

Greetings

Matthias

Re: Incubator NetBeans Build Test Cases Failures

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Arunava,

Great that you're looking into this.

From my point of view, I'd prefer option 2 -- for exactly the reason you
mention: if we keep them, someone can use them in the future.

Really looking forward to seeing the tests succeed -- excluding those that
fail, because of the reason you state above, i.e., resources removed as
part of the donation, would be a big step forward.

Other comments on this point from others welcome.

Gj