Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Snapafun <sn...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/02 10:46:50 UTC

Print not complete

Hi
Please view snip capture and help me with correcting what I do to ensure
full doc printout.
Currently, I can print all only by using 'Selected Cells'

--
Regards
SnapafunFrank

Re: Print not complete

Posted by "Vince@Verizon" <wa...@verizon.net.INVALID>.
Hi Frank:

Have you defined a suitable Print Range?  (use Format>Print Range>Define)

I believe you must have the desired print range selected on your screen
before defining it under the Format dropdown menu. Your snip capture
appears to have the _/entire/_ spreadsheet selected.  You need to
_/select the specific cells/_ that you want to print, by first defining
the suitable Print Range.

After defining you suitable Print Range, you might also use:

 1.   View>Page Break Preview, then
 2.   File>Page Preview to test what will be printed by viewing first on
    your screen.

  Good Luck.

Re: Print not complete

Posted by Frank McIsaac <sn...@gmail.com>.
Just one sheet.
I pasted the 'missing from print' from another document.
The print preview is showing only what is being printed. Just the one page.
Checked for things such as page breaks. Found nothing. Yet if I select to
print by 'Selected Cells' it prints the whole page without issues. Go
figure...

Regards
Snapafun - Frank&Jan
Rock'n'Rolling Forever

Re: Print not complete

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Print not complete

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 23:46 02/11/2022 +1300, Frank Noname wrote:
>Please view snip capture and help me with correcting what I do to
>ensure full doc printout. Currently, I can print all only by using
>'Selected Cells'

Your print dialogue indicates that only rows up to row 10 are going
to be printed if you *don't* choose "Selected cells". Someone has (no
doubt with every good intention) already suggested that you need to
create a suitable Print Range to enable printing of all of your
material. But the truth is the opposite: that you already have a
Print Range defined which is causing your problem. Perhaps this was
created before you added rows after row 10: a clue here is that
subsequent rows appear to have a slightly smaller row height. Perhaps
you even inherited the spreadsheet - with its Print Range - from another user?

If (as it appears) you have a Print Range defined that includes only
rows up to row 10, then only that part of your spreadsheet will
print: that is by design and a useful facility, of course. Your
experience with "Selected cells" confirms this, since this setting
overrides any Print Range. That makes sense: you wouldn't select a
particular range of cells to print unless you meant that to happen
regardless of any defined Print Range.

So all you need to do is to remove the unwanted Print Range, by going
to Format | Print Ranges > | Remove.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker