Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> on 2003/06/04 12:58:30 UTC

Progress Reporting

Hi all,

I use File Upload progress reporting which I am now re-working to suit
the commons-fileupload library and turbine 2.3.

It occurs to me that it is not only fileupload which could do with
progress monitoring but other long running server processes as well. I
have a situation where pre-processing downloads (crypto stuff and
zipping groups of files) causes nearly a minute's delay before the
download commences.

It could be that a general progress reporting service would be useful
and perhaps I should abstract this out and make the fileupload  progress
reporting a specialization.

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Progress Reporting

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> writes:

Are you sure that this is really the scope of a service? What would a
proposed API look like?

	Regards
		Henning