Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andreas Netter <ho...@gmx.de> on 2011/04/29 17:40:27 UTC

[axis2] service.xml parameter for async message receiver

Hi Community,

we're currently implementing an asynchronous Web Service with Axis2 called
by a Spring-WS client.

The Service should send back the http response to the client directly after
receiving the request.
The service implementation should send the response to the wsa replyTo.

After some research we've decided to use the
"messageReceiver.invokeOnSeparateThread" parameter in service.xml.

Question 1)
The parameter is global for the service. Some methods of our service are
called synchronously. As a result, these sync style method implementations
are also called in an own thread. That sould be ok, but better ask the
pro's.
So: Is it ok?

Question 2)
Is it possible to generate the parameter with wsdl2java? We use the
generated version of service.xml. Our goal is to avoid changes in generated
code.

Thanks,
Andi